Yayin Tarihi: 15 Ocak/January 1998
TURKEY'S PLACE IN THE NEW ARCHITECTURE OF EUROPE
An Updated Assessment
Jean Monnet Fellow
October 1992 Bruges & Paris
About the Author
This is a 5-part article which will be published as a serial.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
I. INTRODUCTION 15 Ocak/January 1998
II. TURKEY IN EUROPE 15 Ocak/January 1998
1) Historic Orientation Towards Europe
2) The Community's Oldest Associate Member
a. Commitments Within the Association Framework
b. Results and Problems of the Association
c. Consequences of the Southern Enlargement
III. EMERGING NEW ARCHITECTURE OF EUROPE
19 Ocak/January 1998
1) Living Without Cold War Clarity
2) The Maastricht Decisions - A Turning Point?
3) The European Security Architecture
4) How Far Enlargement Process Will Go?
IV. AN UPDATED ASSESSMENT OF THE TURCO-COMMUNITY RELATIONS (1987- 1992)
23 Ocak/January 1998
1) Turkish Request of Accession and Community Response
a. Why Turkey Applied for Full Membership?
b. An Evaluation of the Community Response
c. Current State of Affairs
2) Factors Affecting the Turco-Community Relations
17 Mart/March 1998
a. Economic Fitness
b. Political Credibility
c. Security and Defence Dimension (23 Mart/March1998)
d. Greek Obstruction: How Long May it Continue?
e. Religious 'Bias': Islam versus Christianity ?
f. New Opportunities in the Central Asian & Caucasian Republics and the Balkans
g. The Concerns of the Community Institutions
h. How Major EC Nations View Turkey's Place in Europe?
V. FUTURE PROSPECTS AND OPTIONS
ÜSTATLARIN KALEMiNDEN'e dön
ULUSLARARASI iLiSKiLER-STRATEJiK ÇALISMALAR'a dön